Tuition / Financial Aid
The Culinary Institute of Michigan is part of Baker College, the lowest-priced private college in Michigan. Our tuition is charged per quarter hour of credit. It is subject to change at the beginning of any quarter and includes most fees. Please see our tuition schedule
As part of our mission to make education accessible to all students interested in attending the Culinary Institute of Michigan, we provide free financial aid counseling to all of our students.
Baker College offers various forms of financial aid to students who qualify. Your admissions advisor will help you find and apply for any financial assistance for which you are eligible, including:
- Scholarships — often based on academic excellence instead of financial need
- Grants — state and federal grants are based on financial need
- Loans — available with a low interest rate that must be repaid after you leave college or drop below half-time enrollment
- Work Aid (available through part-time jobs in which earnings are used for college expenses).
Talk with us about financial assistance, even if you are unsure about your eligibility. To set up a meeting, call the Admissions Department: Muskegon (231) 777-5200 or (800) 937-0337, Port Huron (810) 985-7000 or (888) 262-2442. You can also schedule a visit online.
More information about financial assistance is available online.
If you would like to do additional research about financial assistance, you may find the following resources helpful:
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
- Five Good Steps to a Financial Aid Process
- Military, Veterans, Spouses, and Dependents Federal Benefits
- Where to Go for Help
- Glossary of Terms
- Important Announcements
- Links to Other Resources (includes information about scholarship searches, an overview of financial aid, answers to commonly asked questions about financial aid, financial aid calculators to estimate your financial need and loan repayment information, some personal finance information, and much more.)